February 10, 2012

A little story about Doggie

I was supposed to go to bed, but a chat with friends online reminded me of a story about Doggie, a dog that I used to have in Australia.

Doggie was a black toy poodle. He used to sleep with us in the bedroom, as we have managed to train him not to pee until we let him out the house. But I remember one time, we woke up and found pee on the carpet. And when we looked at Doggie, he was hiding in the corner shivering, as though we were about to scold or even beat him.

We didn't, of course. We comforted him, telling him it's alright.

The thought of that still breaks my heart today. A little animal, being obedient, yet helpless. Doggie must have struggled to maintain his pee at night until he couldn't take it any more. Poor guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment