May 12, 2012

Follow her, do something stupid

I was never comfortable around kids, I didn't know how to communicate or play with them. I did not like kids at all.

And then Angel was born.

This Angel of mine has totally changed me, I discovered something inside me that I didn't know existed. Everyday I baby talk with her,  almost everything is made up of two words now: car car, train train, shoe shoe, horsey horsey. We danced to Mickey Mouse and Dora the Explorer, we hop around when we go for a walk, and we chase each other at the playground.

Ever since Angel learned to recognize us, whenever she does something - be it picking a flash card, pronouncing a letter, or performing an action - she would always look at us, waiting for us to acknowledge her. When she does a little dance, I smile at her and she would show a big grin. But if I do the same dance after her, her grin becomes even bigger.

Last night we were at the playground, after going up and down the slide a few times, Angel started to play "fall down" where she just runs in circle and suddenly go down on the ground. After a few rounds she started to roll around the ground, and she looked at me waiting for my acknowledgement.

I smile at her. I was sitting quite comfortably on the ground and did not want to get myself dirty. Then suddenly I thought "why not?", so I rolled myself over to her. Angel burst out laughing, I think the whole neighborhood could hear that.

That made my day. But of course, being a kid, she wanted to repeat that process. About ten times...

No comments:

Post a Comment