May 18, 2012

Unconditional love

There are three kinds of unconditional love that I know of.

First, a dog's unconditional love and loyalty to its owner. Second, a parent's love to his children. Third, and something I just realized recently, a young's love to his parents.

During our recent trip to Korea, I was carrying and taking care of Angel most of the time, near the end of the trip I was feeling a bit tired and short tempered. When we visited the palace Angel was all naughty running around by herself, even getting into restricted area of the garden. She refused to come out even after repeated calling. I lost my temper, went over to her, yelled at her extremely loudly, and grabbed her out. She cried of course, and got frighten of me. She was afraid to do anything.

But just a few minutes later, when I had not cooled down completely, she saw me, came running to me, grabbed my hand, and called me "daddy!". I was really touched by this moment..

Similar thing happened tonight at the park, I yelled at Angel because she was refusing to go home. She showed a long face, almost cried, but she still held out her arms, wanting me to carry her. My anger turned to guilt and sympathy immediately.

After my shower, Angel was already asleep. I went to her, put my forehead against hers, placed my head on her little fingers, and I rested with her for a while. She's always so active and naughty, not often do I get this quiet time with her, such wonderful feeling. And I thought about how she had waited for us to come home the night before till she fell asleep really early.

I love this girl so much.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I always feel so guity after yelling at them. On one hand, I know kids are supposed to be mischievious, but on the other hand, I still cannot get a grip on my temper.

    Thanks for sharing and telling us parents out there to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete