April 19, 2012

Making friends

I brought Angel to the playground today, and as soon as she saw the other kids, she shouted "fren fren!", ran towards them, and started to to play with them.

This made me happy and a little sad at the same time.

Happy because it's so nice to see Angel starting to bond well with other kids. Such a joy to see her trying to join in whatever the kids were doing, and heart warming to see the other older kids putting their arms around her, welcoming her. Made me smile to see them running around, chasing each other, and laughing.

Sad because my little Angel is growing up fast. I realized that I can't really get her attention when the kids are playing hard. I know that soon enough she will make more friends of her age group, and she'll want to play with them all the time, instead of looking for me.

Nonetheless, I'm still happy to see Angel making friends. For now I'll treasure these moments where she sticks to me all the time, come running to my arms when I'm home, holding my hand wherever we go, pushing the study room door open to look for me, and even climbing up to my lap when I'm having dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment