April 17, 2012

A trip to Korea

The last time we took Angel on a flight to Hong Kong, she was less than two years old. She turns three this year and we decided to bring her on another overseas trip. It took us very long to decide where to go to, but in the end we decided on Seoul, Korea. Mainly because I had never been there before, and also we wanted Angel to experience winter. So off we went, 7 days, with me carrying Angel most of the time, my bag full of her stuff, and my camera.

The first moment we walked out of Incheon airport, Angel covered her ears with her hands and said "Eeeeeeeee cold cold". But soon after that, she got used it and refused to put on her gloves and hood. I think she likes winter.

Korea is a wonderful country. The people there don't speak English very well, but we had fun exploring many places on our own. The subway system looked complicated at first but it's quite easy to take and it's very convenient. We went to Myeongdong shopping area, Seoul Tower, Teddy Bear Museum, Lotte World theme park, Everland theme park, Gyeongbokgung Palace, and many other places. All in all, a great experience. Seoul looks like a city I could get used to.

And Angel has been a wonderful girl, enduring long flights and bus and train rides. I think she enjoyed it more than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment