July 11, 2012

A photo walk

I had not gone for a photo walk for a long time. My photography style has evolved over the years, and these days I photograph Angel a lot. So when Jing Wen asked me if I wanted to join him and Shuzhen to walk around Outram, Tanjong Pagar, and Chinatown, I said yes. I wanted to see, with my current style, what I would capture.

When we first set out, my mind was on "street photography" mode - capturing strangers in action. But it didn't feel right, I struggled and I didn't like what I was capturing. I was trying to copy others.

Slowly, I settled down. I decided to switch back to my own style. I was now taking more time to "see" and compose to my own liking. Are my shots close to my vision, my goal? Not quite, but I'm happy with the direction I'm in, and I'm very much enjoying myself.

As a bonus, Angel and mama came looked for me at Chinatown for lunch. And of course, more shots of her :)

4 comments:

  1. your pics will never stop blowing me away! Haven't I ever mentioned it's incredible blog ;-)
    You can show your family and Singapore in such amazing way. Best regards! Keep doing what you do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some photos which you took that i like very much. Keep it up! I must say that certain places which i never knew or am not aware, really exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words :)

      Delete