July 6, 2012

Routine but boring never

Everyday I come home, go strolling with Angel for an hour, bath her, then spend another hour with her before she goes to sleep. It's pretty much the same routine.

But it's never boring, ever.

Everyday I discover new things from Angel. I see her learn a bit more, talk a bit more, and understand me a bit more.

So much can change in such a short time. I realized Angel did so many things tonight that she wouldn't have done just a few months ago.

Angel used to just follow wherever I bring her to, now she's starting to make her own decision. I asked her if she wanted to go to the playground, her answer was "No" as she was still playing her jigsaw puzzles.

I thought "Ok no strolling tonight", so I lied down on her play mat and closed my eyes to rest. Suddenly she stood up and said "You wanna go playground? Ok?". She had completed her puzzles.

I said ok, she ran excitedly to her bedroom because she knew it was time to put on diaper and change to shorts. Before this I had to chase her around just to put on her pants, and oh, she no longer grabs her shoes and throws them in the bedroom just for fun.

Angel now knows which lift button to press in order to go down, go up, close the door, and open the door.

She now talks literally for the entire strolling session. She says out the things that she sees and waits for my acknowledgement. She tells me what she's about to do, eg. "Jump!". She instructs me of what to do, eg. "Daddy spin!", "Daddy climb the purple one", "No! No go there". She sings many songs. And sometimes she talks to herself as though she's an adventurer, eg. "Go this way or this way?".

It used to be mission impossible to get Angel to go home. Now I just tell her "It's late already, let's go home", she would hesitate a little and say "Ohhhhh sky dark dark, go home. People oh-oh" (sleeping), and open up her arms asking me to carry her.

Now she drags my hand to the bathroom instead of me begging her to go take bath.

And instead of forcing her like we used to, Angel now knows when it's time to sleep. She would come give me a kiss, telling me "Goodnight, sweet dreams" before going to bed.

Everyday I see Angel grow up a little.

I love spending time with her everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Im proud of You. This is awesome how You take care off your daughter. Your love is the best what she can get from life this is the biggest treasure what you can gave She. Im proud of You because in most places around the world Daddy is person who only works for family and sometimes spend his spare time with they. You're a big support for Your wife and I love that.
    Best wishes from far away - Ewelina, Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, really appreciate it :) And thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete